It is really undeniable that social media today is one of the most powerful tool not just to communicate but also to find new acquaintances across the globe with the same interests and passion.
It’s been almost four months since I started using Google Plus, the social networking site that some say will soon kill Facebook. One thing I like about G+ is the fact that I could get in touch with so many people worldwide that share the same interests with me. Some of them are even well-known and professionals in their fields.
I really enjoy meeting a lot of artists in G+. Some are photographers, painters, comic artists, illustrators and even web designers. One good trend I love about is the presence of different everyday themes sponsored by different artists. Here are some few themes I really like (Thanks to Daily Fine Art Themes for this list):
- SacredArtSunday - Fine Art and Fine Photography which shares how we live in a spiritual world | sponsored by Charles Lupica
- AbstractArtMonday - Artwork in any medium which uses form, color and line to create an artwork that exists to the varying degree, independent from visual reality | sponsored by Esther Hardman
- IllustrationArtTuesday - Art which accompanies or depicts aspects of a narrative, embellishes or decorates text, clarifies a concept, etc. | sponsored by Robriel Wolf
- WaterscapeArtWednesday - Waterscapes or seascapes where water is a primary element of the work | sponsored by Terrill Welch
- NatureArtThursday - Fine art with focus on plants, florals, insects and animals | sponsored by Trisha Standard and Robriel Wolf
- FigurativeArtFriday - Fine Art, Figurative Sculpture, Fine Art Photography where human figures are the main focus or significant to the theme of the art | sponsored by Maude McDonald and Melodie Douglas
- SurrealArtSaturday - Artwork in any medium that are dreamlike, nightmares filled with mysterious objects, places that have been oddly changed in ways you couldn’t see in reality | sponsored by Mikko Tyllinen